

I killed My lion today, It was a lot of fun. But I won't be able to move tomorrow, I guess I didn't realize just how much out of shape I am. We had to hike clear to the top of the canyon in the picture and its tuff hikin' in the snow it wears a fat guy out fast. well Ill start at the beginning of my hunt on friday... my friend Trent tagged along and we met my guides Scott and Randy Swenson at daylight and we took off looking for cat tracks we didn't find much until late in the day then we found a smaller lion track but we decided too pass, and went home....Then today I got up and met Scotts friends from Idaho, Marshall, Matt, and Chad, at walkers in Nephi at 6:30am and we went to find Scott and Randy who were already looking for tracks... we found a day old track at about 7:15 and dumped the dogs on it, it was cool to see those lion hounds go to work they got on the track and went up... up ...up and over the mountain, so we drove the sleds around the other side of the ridge to where we could hear the dogs way up at the top of the canyon, so up the canyon we hiked and hiked and hiked some more, and then sure enough the dogs had that cat up in a huge tree...about 25-30 feet up in that big old pine was the lion, so after I took a short breather I killed the Cat at about 12:00pm. after some pictures and some skinning we hiked back out and it was all over...we had to go it to Mt. Pleasant to check in the Cat with a fish and game officer, after that I got home at about 5:30 pm the boys and Tami thought it was pretty cool...it was an awsome hunt... those guys were fun to hunt with and great at what they do... and we had a good time. And man that lion is going to look sweet up on that ledge above my entry.
No comments:
Post a Comment