Saturday, November 29, 2008

"It's not going in the yard Russ, It's going in the living room."







We have not had a real tree since we built our house, 7 years ago. But this year I really wanted one, so when we had a permit given to us by a friend of mine we decided it would be cool to go up the canyon and cut a BIG tree, no little 7 foot fake tree this year. We went up Main canyon Wednesday afternoon and after much debate found a tree we thought was great and hacked that sucker down, I forgot my tape measure and what I thought was a 13 foot tree turned out to be over 16, but we loaded it up in the truck and headed for home. we got home after dark. The next day, Thanksgiving, we had a great meal at Grandma Clara's with everyone, it was fun. We slept in on Friday then started the tree... Then that's when I remembered why I hate setting up trees. Our ceilings are 12 feet so I fired up thee old chain saw and whacked 4 feet off the thing, and drilled a hole in the trunk, that turn out too be crooked, but nothing a few shims wouldn't fix. then bought it in and started putting the lights on. Thank the depot that I had to go to work, and Tami had to finish the lights, then she finish decorating it today. I think it's great, BIG but great, It's sort of like living in a Bank... it pretty much takes up the front room........like the Grizwolds, without the squirrel.

No comments: