Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!















Well, we made it home from our trip to the Boulder Mountains over memorial weekend. without injury...WOW! We had a good time even though it rained all day Saturday. it was still fun.
We got there and set up camp and ate dinner. it was our night night to cook. we made pulled pork sandwiches and they were yummy. then we sat around the fire and then just about dark the rain came and it rained and rained all night. Saturday we decided to drive in to capitol reef.
I had never been there it was really cool even in the rain. we hiked out to the "goosenecks" and looked over a 1000 foot drop... that will make your belly tingle especially with Kash climbing on the rail. then we drove down through Capitol Gorge, that was way cool. the boys and I went for a hike through the gorge and Tami and the little ones sat in the car... it rained hard while we were on our hike and it was neat to watch the water run down those canyon walls. we got back to the car and Tami left the keys on to watch a movie and the headlights were on so the battery was dead. so I asked this dude for a jump and he said what are" jumper cables, I am from Germany, and this is a rental." but another guy overheard and offered to jump me. I think he works for sears cause he kept tyring to sell me a diehard battery...ha ha. the we drove back to camp and sat in the tent while it rain some more.
Sunday morning was nice the sky was blue and sunny so we loaded up and drove to Lower Bowns Res. and did alittle fishing the kids had fun and we caught a bunch of fish. then it started to rain so we got back in the car and drove over the boulders into the town of boulder and went to the Anazi state park. and then back to camp. the Boys and I went for a wheeler ride and guess what... yep you got it, it stated to rain. we came back, ate dinner and went to bed.
Monday we broke Camp and drove to Loa to see Grandpa Taylor's Grave, Tami had not been in a long time we meet up with Clara, Diane, Jeanine, and Grandma Taylor for lunch and then headed for home. we got home and cleaned up... I HATE RED MUD!
It was another fine Memorial weekend trip I'm just glad we made it home with all our fingers and toes even if they were alittle wrinkled up from all the water... cant wait for next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun even if it was a bit wet. The photos are great--thanks for sharing